Sunday, October 18, 2009

Aggressive Dog Behavior: Little Dogs Can Be Aggressive and Crazy




Who said aggressive dog behavior is only found in big dogs? Little dogs are sometimes a lot more aggressive because they can get away with it. I have two little dogs, two dachshunds, and one of them, I hate to say, used to embarrass me a lot.

I love my dogs dearly, no less because she was aggressive and crazy, but it scared me that she could get hurt or hurt another dog. She mainly didn’t like other dogs too much and would growl and want to fight with them when they came close. It made me nervous and I was always having to pull her leash really tight so she could not get the other dogs, even in passing them on the sidewalk.

Not only that, but she would pick on a lot bigger dogs too. I knew if I didn’t put an end to her aggressive dog behavior she was going to get me and her in trouble.

One day while we were at the park playing fetch another dog suddenly came up to her. I knew this could be trouble, because she was very possessive of her ball and would not share it or let another dog near it. But I had no time to get close before she started attacking the other dog.

Well by the time I got to her and was able to separate them she was hurt, and bleeding all over. Even though she started the fight and it was her fault, it broke my heart. I know I never want to see that kind of scene again.

So I decided I had to put an end to her aggressive dog behavior right then and there. I had to find a way to train her. I did not want to pay a dog trainer. That was out of the question.

I started trying to do the things that I thought would work, like give her commands and reward her with treats. But I needed more help, as this was only working when I had the treats, and not all the time. I needed a much deeper understanding of how to train a dog. I needed some insider information from professionals.

So I finally found a system that really worked and helped me understand what I needed to do so I could help myself and then help her with her aggressive dog behavior. She is really so much better. I wouldn’t say she is a submissive dog, but a far cry from where she was. She still pulls on the leash some, but not as much. And, she doesn’t try to fight other dogs anymore, which was my main concern.

I heartily recommend the #1 system for stopping aggressive dog behavior.


This dog training system will give you insights to every aspect of training your dog. It will help you see through your dog’s eyes and understand what they think.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post! I am interesting regarding some great Dog boarding Oakland information. The Dog Squad offers a variety of private in-home dog training programs and obedience classes using traditional and remote dog collar training for puppies and adult dogs Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete